Here are the Tecklenborg shipyards who built a part of the Ferdinand Laeisz fleet, notably the last four-master, the Padua, in 1926.
There is the German Maritime Museum (4), with numerous relics from the Pamir.
In 1939, Bremerhaven and Geestemünde merged to
become Wesermünde, a name released in 1945.
It is a commercial, financial and industrial centre.
Old city monuments, with the gothic cathedral and the City Hall (XVth-XVIIth c.). Museums, with the Kunsthalle (large painting galerie) and the Uberseemuseum (overseas civilisations).
The Pamir loaded there in 1952 and 1956, bound for her south american voyages.
Bremen, 1952 © (5)
The Weser valley
The voyages of the Pamir
The harbors of the Pamir